Monday, April 8, 2013

Hooray for Summer

I love the I-Bond cordless glue gun made by Imaginisce, I used it to make this summer frame. 
 

 Summer is my favorite season, we love to go to the beach, to the cabin and just enjoy the sunshine whenever we can.  I also love the washed out colors of summer and wanted to make a frame for this photo of my son and his friend at the cabin. 
 
 
I found an old frame, took out the glass and used the I-Bond glue gun to add a piece of wood instead.  Then I rolled pieces of the Endless Summer collection papers using a wooden skewer and used the I-Bond to glue them to the frame. 
 
 
On the wood inside the frame I added a few pieces of paper, the photo and the fun “Hooray for Summer” die cut. 
 
 
To finish it off I added some coordinating twine around the bottom of the frame and took the cute sun from one of the sticker sheets and added it to the top of the frame.
 
 
Head on over to the Imaginisce blog all this week for more I-Bond projects.  Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
 

 

 

12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this turned out awesome!!

jennyplace2 said...

What a fun way to reuse a old frame and it turned out awesome! TFS your crafty ideal with us.

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful frame, summer is my favorite season too.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! The twine on the bottom is so clever!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love all of the twine!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is so much fun! I love what you did with the twine!

Tammy said...

Super cute project! I'm seeing more and more people using a glue gun for these projects. I always burn my fingers so I'm a little hesitant. But maybe I should get mine out again. :)

Dictionary said...

This is so nice, lots of fun colors. I too {heart} my cordless glue gun..great invention.

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute idea!
So bright and summery!

Patricia said...

Fabulous project! I really like the added twine pieces!

Tracy said...

I love your frame. the wood background is so cool.
Did you say cordless glue gun, that sounds awesome :)

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, that is a great frame! Awesome project.