Friday, January 24, 2014

Lego Party

It's Hip 2B Square week over at Epiphany Crafts this week.  The hippest square in my house is definitely Lego, both my boys have loved it forever and this year my youngest is going to the new Lego Movie for his birhday party so we are doing a Lego themed party.
 
 
First I went on the Lego Movie website where you can turn yourself into a Lego character.  I made one that looks like Linden and saved it to my computer.  I used that as the base of the invitiation and just added the title at the top.  All the details are on the back.
 
 
For extra fun we created some Lego stands to hold the invites and they can be reused to hold a regular 4x6 photo. 
 

Here is a side view so you can see them better.
 
Then I made some fun boxes from cardstock that look like Lego then we made a goody bag that also has a Lego look on the front. To do this I punched out the circles with the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Round 25 and added them with foam tape to a rectangle piece of cardstock in the same color.

LegoParty5
 


LegoParty4
 
LegoParty6
 

To finish off the party favors we are going to give each of them a cool Lego key chain. I used the Shape Studio Tool Square 25 and the coordinating Bubble Caps as well as the Square Charms to make them. I punched the cardstock with the square tool then added circles punched with a regular hole punch to make it look like Lego. I added a jump ring and some ribbon to finish it off.

LegoParty3
 
I had so much fun making these and can't wait to see this movie with all the kids.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The invites, paper Legos, and keychain are all so creative!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just sooo creative!! love this and my sons would go totally crazy for this

Dictionary said...

Those are so stinkin cute. How creative and fun. You know I have to admit when that movie first was previewed I was like are you serious but the more I see of it the more I want to go see it..LOL

Tracy said...

What a fun theme for a party.
Everyone loves lego.
I love that you can make your son into a lego figure, so cool

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Brilliant!

Patricia said...

Love this! Such a fun idea!

Amanda said...

Great ideas!! The card stock legos look awesome.

Tanya Ham said...

This is AWESOME!!! I have always loved Legos, what fantastic ideas! :) And now I want to make my own Lego dude! :)