Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Kids Crafts - Portable Art Kit


My youngest son is forever making up games, creating characters and making cards for them, his creativity is amazing. 
 
He always wants to take some pencils and paper when we go out in the car so he can make some cards or draw something so I made him a portable art kit. 
 
 
These are super easy to make and in fact he helped me make them.  First glue 2 pieces of 12x12 paper together to make it stronger then score at 4” to fold up and make the pockets. 
 
 I decided to make the pockets large enough to hold index cards so scored and folded them to that size and made sure I had enough of a flap left to add a large Brad Daddie and twine to keep the folder closed.  After I made his we made a few more for his friends.
It didn't take him long to open it up and start drawing!


 
 
I love seeing all his little creations - so awesome :)
 
Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a great idea! I think I need to make one with my daughter. :) Thank you!

Tanya Ham said...

AWESOME idea!!! :)

Unknown said...

Very cool idea Fleur. Awesome drawings!

D's Paper Studio said...

great idea. my granddaughter would love it. your son is a good artist as well.

Anonymous said...

So cute and I hope you're scrapbooking some of his drawings!

Tracy said...

I love that your son enjoys drawing and colouring.
Such a great creative travel kit for him. this is Awesome.

Norma Gomez said...

Great project! I love that your son enjoys creating, that just makes me smile :D

Mary Jo said...

Very cool idea!!!

Isbaha said...

Oh, I love it, such a good idea !
And your son's drawing are lovely.

Kimberly Kett said...

Adorable idea!! LOVE IT!