Friday, June 14, 2013

Epiphany Crafts and Xyron

This year one of my goals was to get organized. When I saw the Xyron Magnetic Tape I knew I wanted to make something to organize my refrigerator which is always a mess with notices and photos.

FridgeOrganizeron2
 
I started with a 12" x 12" piece of chipboard and added some patterned paper to cover it. I wanted a few pockets to add things into so I created one with patterned paper and then used the Simple Stories Snap Pockets for the other.

FridgeOrganizer

Xyron2

To make sure it stuck to the refrigerator I added the magnetic tape around the entire outside and in the middle.

Xyron1

I made some clothes pins to hold the memos and calendar the organizer by spraying the clothes pin with Heidi Swapp Color Shine and add an Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Hexagon 25 using coordinating paper to the top of the clothes pin.

FridgeOrganizerCU1

I added a Heidi Swapp frame to include a current photo of us and I made it so we can swap this photo out anytime I have a new favorite.

FridgeOrganizerCU3

I also added some butterflies with mini clothespins for added decoration.

FridgeOrganizerCU2

I think this will definitely help me stay organized.

FridgeOrganizeron

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That's very cool. I love that magnetic tape. I havent' seen that before.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a cool project! I love this idea! Too bad my refrigerator is stainless steel. LOL!

LB whosthischick said...

This is a fun idea. I miss being able to put things on my fridge..magnets don't work on the stainless fridges.

Danielle said...

So cool, fabulous idea!

Kimberly Kett said...

Super cute, super fun project!

Sarah said...

This is so great! Can you make me one?! lol my fridge is a mess too!

Sue Althouse said...

What a great project to organize all those refrigerator posts!