Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Do you believe in Magic?

Do you believe in Magic? I do!  I believe in the magic of Disney. I love Disneyland and have been lucky enough to go 8 times in the last 12 years. I decided my Blog needed a little more of my personality and passions so I will be starting to incorporate a few different posts every month. The first one is all about Disney. From Disney pictures to Disney adventures to scrapping Disney I will add a little Disney Magic to my Blog. If you love Disney then come back on the 13th of every month for some Disney Magic.


I thought I would share my past trips first and how I have documented each trip so far. First up let's go back to September 2003. My husband Mike's family decided to all go to California for his Mom's 60th birthday. We did Sea World, Legoland, the beach and Medieval Times that visit.My oldest son Rhys was 4 and my youngest son Linden was 7 months old. People always ask would I go with the little one again and my answer is always yes. He loved it at 7 months as much as my four year old did. This was the first time for everyone in our family.  My husband Mike and I had never been as children and it was amazing. I had the Disney bug from the first time I stepped foot in Disneyland.


Since it was our first time we decided to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and we were only at Disneyland for 2 days which is definitely not long enough. It was also before digital cameras and when we got home and developed the film we found out the O Ring on our camera had gone and almost all the photos were completely ruined I was devastated. You can see it in the edges of the photos here. At least the images that were the most important like seeing Mickey Mouse and the castle for the first time.  Also one of the funniest moments. My son Linden eating his first McDonald's French fry. Many years ago there was a McDonald's in the California Adventure park and we stopped to get my oldest a Happy Meal and Linden started making that noise he made when he was eating something he really liked, mmmm, mmmm,  I look over and he had grabbed one of Rhys' fires and shoved it in his mouth. So funny.


We had such a good time that we ended up going back 5 months later. 

I take a lot of photos when we go to Disneyland. Now with digital I usually take about 2,500 photos, which is crazy I know, and hard to sort thorough when I get home. For this first trip I made a really quick mini album, one of my first ever, using some of the keepsakes like the maps and entry tickets. 




 I also did a layout of Linden's first French fry. 


I love looking back at these projects and seeing how much my paper crafting has changed over the years. We are hopefully going to Disneyland again this year, for the first time in the summer, and I can't wait. I heart Disneyland! Next month I will share some more fun photos and projects from our Disneyland experiences. 

Thanks for stopping by.



















I will be sharing these posts on the 13th of each month - why the 13th?  Some people say it is a very special number.  The address for Disneyland is 1313 Mickey's fist letter "M" is the 13th letter of the Alphabet.



No comments: