Friday, March 15, 2013

Grad 2012

I couldn't wait to scrap these photos of my son and some friends from their Grade 7 grad last June.  I have know these two beautiful girls since Kindergarten and they are such lovely young ladies.  Rhys looked so handsome in his black shirt and tie, so grown up too.  It was an amazing day!


I used the Dear Lizzy Fifth and Frolic collection which I fell in love with.  I fussy cut the flowers and added them diagonally across the layout using foam tape to pop some of them up for dimension.

 
 
I added the matching epoxy buttons to the centre of a few of the flowers and the cute camera chipboard.
 

Even though my son is in the photo I really wanted to use these sparkly silver Thickers from American Crafts, so pretty.
 

Across the other diagonal I cut out and added some Polaroid pieces from patterned paper and the chipboard.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.

16 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is such a lovely page! I love your layering and cutwork!

Mary Jo said...

This is so pretty with all of the beautiful layering!

Jingle said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flowers going across the page!

LB whosthischick said...

This is lovely. Love the layering and wonderful memory. I know its a graduation, but I hardly ever get family photos anymore. Treasure this

Unknown said...

i'm impressed how you cut those flowers out! the colors on the layout are so pretty :)

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful layout, love the bright spring colors!!

Nirupama said...

This is stunning! Love the cut out flowers :)

Danielle said...

Wonderful moment to capture! Love how you used the 5th & Frolic embellishments on this layout.

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!

Crystal Schneider said...

So pretty. I love how you cut out the flowers. The colors are so pretty.

Unknown said...

Wow Fleur! the is so awesome. Love all the dimension you created by cutting out those flowers. Fabulous photo too, it really take center stage.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

This is so beautiful

Erica said...

Fun layers!

Patricia said...

So pretty! I really like how you added in those brads- it adds great dimension!

Sue Althouse said...

Beautiful page! I'm always in awe of people who can do such wonderful fussy cutting.

Izzy Anderson said...

Gorgeous. Love all that fussy cutting. What a great effect for your page. So many pretty layers.